Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Who do you think would win a fight between ...

Who do you think would win a fight between a wolverine and a cougar?

This is the question that my best friend Mallory presented me with when I was planning on going to BYU. As I was waiting for my acceptance letter from them, she had begun attending UVU. For the next month or so, she was trying to convince me to go to UVU. I never really wanted to go to BYU in the first place, and UVU was sounding better and better everyday! Not only from Mallory, but everyone I spoke with said what a great school it is and how much they love it! I figured, "Oh well, I'll just have to stick with BYU. If I don't like it, I can always transfer."

Truth is, I really really really wanted to go!! But, I trusted that everything would work out the way it was supposed to. So, on February 24th, I received an email from BYU that said something along the lines of,
"We think you suck and don't want you to come to our school. Thanks anyways for spending days and money on our stupid application that was pretty much pointless because we're sure you had nothing better to do. Good luck!"

I just smiled, deleted the email, and called Brooke. She was quite shocked that I didn't get in, but I reassured her that I knew it wasn't right. I called my parents and told them. They both pretty much said "I'm so sorry you didn't get in honey." But honestly, I couldn't have been happier! So, on February 25th, I applied to UVU. And on February 26th, I was accepted. Now that's what I call fate!

So, if you were wondering the answer to my question ... Wolverine totally wins ;).

2 comments:

  1. congrats on UVU!! i've heard great things about it as well, and now that they've let you in, it's official: they ROCK! exciting stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know there are so MANY Cougar fans but I am glad you are a wolverine! Personally I would vote the Wolverine over the Cougar ANYDAY!!!!

    Congrats on getting in sweetie!!!! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete